Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Stupid Boi wants a Little Respect!

Yes, I am going to talk about Ricky Martin! I just want to say…Thank you! Thank you for being a brave person! Thank you for showing the world that you cannot hold us down any longer. To the rest of you who have come out…THANK YOU!

Coming out is a process that is lifelong. Actually having to admit to the world that you are a part of one of the most…if I may…Fabulous groups on earth; is difficult. All joking aside, coming out is very difficult. I am blessed with a family who is open minded. Others may not be so lucky.

Before you start with the whole…”who didn’t know he was gay?” bit, think about it. Did you have to come out? If you didn’t then how would you understand? The only choice we have in the matter is to be open or closeted. We didn’t choose to be gay!
So all I am asking is for you to respect people when they do come out. It is one of the most difficult things to do.

What's Your Coming out Story?

No comments: