Monday, August 24, 2009

Stupid Boi Left his Cake Out in the Rain!

What a perfect way to end a perfect week! Last week was very transformative for me! After the LGBTI Health Summit, I came home to my little minded Midwestern town. Well the “Dommers” are back in session, this should be interesting! That means ND football season, where drunk and stupid are the name of the game.

I digress, Saturday night was awesome. I stayed home until I had to go to help clean up a work event at 9pm. When I arrived it was chilly but that didn’t matter. Then it began to rain. The only problem is, that this is an outdoor event. Well things need to get done, so I took off my sweatshirt and my flip-flops and ventured into the pouring, cold rain to clean up.

This was amazing, as the cold drops hit my skin, I began to feel beautiful. Like this was washing away all the years of ugliness that I have felt! I felt alive, I felt invigorated. It was the strangest experience. I don’t know if I am still on the high of the Health Summit or things are beginning to change. I guess we will have to wait and see…that’s why everyday in an adventure.

No comments: